Submission Deadline: 30 November 2021
IEEE Access invites manuscript submissions in the area of Metal Additive Manufacturing.
Additive manufacturing (AM) is a main driver of the Industry 4.0 paradigm. While the additive manufacturing of plastics is common, metal additive manufacturing processes still face several research challenges. The high cost and unpredictable defects in final parts and products are preventing complete deployment and adoption of additive manufacturing in the metalworking industries. Several aspects need improvement, including robustness, stability, repeatability, speed and right-first-time manufacturing. Nevertheless, its potential to the production of structural parts is significant, from the medical to the aeronautics industry.
This Special Section in IEEE Access will bring together academia and industry to discuss technical challenges and recent results related to additive manufacturing. Theoretical, numerical and experimental development in this domain are welcome. The articles are expected to report original findings or innovative concepts featuring different topics related to metal additive manufacturing. Industry-related studies are welcome, especially the ones demonstrating advanced applications of metal additive manufacturing in challenging scenarios.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Data interoperability
- Data analytics
- Digitalization and data security
- Topologic optimization
- Additive manufacturing building strategy
- Multi-physics process simulation and modeling
- Product engineering optimization
- Testing and characterization
- Zero defect manufacturing and process control
- Quality assurance
- From CAD design to real part production
- Advanced industry applications
We also highly recommend the submission of multimedia with each article as it significantly increases the visibility and downloads of articles.
Associate Editor: Pedro Neto, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Mustafa Megahed, ESI Group, Germany
- Matthew Gilbert, The University of Sheffield, UK
- Kaixiang Peng, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
- Felix Vidal, AIMEN Technology Centre, Spain
- Leroy Gardner, Imperial College London, UK
- Xuemin Chen, Texas Southern University, USA
- Stasha Lauria, Brunel University London, UK
Relevant IEEE Access Special Sections:
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence Technologies for Smart Manufacturing
- Key Technologies for Smart Factory of Industry 4.0
- Advances in Machine Learning and Cognitive Computing for Industry Applications
IEEE Access Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Derek Abbott, University of Adelaide
Article submission: Contact Associate Editor and submit manuscript to:
For inquiries regarding this Special Section, please contact: email@example.com.