The transition from summer to autumn was acknowledged with a conversation on a transition of another kind: the digital transformation of the European manufacturing industry.
On Tuesday 31 August, five representatives from major H2020 EU Projects in Industry 4.0 discussed in a panel about key issues that currently shake the manufacturing sector and how their technology solutions will contribute to the digitalisation of the industry.
At a glance, the main takeaways:
1) We realised how digitalisation was more important than ever.
2) Digitalising the industry means accommodating better customers’ needs.
3) Resource efficiency and circularity is at the heart of the new manufacturing paradigm.
4) The future of the manufacturing industry is ´mass-customisation´, that is, how to customise elements to meet different needs to be responsive to market demands.
5) Digital solutions are not limited to large enterprises. European SMEs are taking on these solutions and bringing to the market disruptive technologies that will contribute to the manufacturing industry revolution.
Want to watch the full replay? Click here and see you soon for the next Industry 4.0 Web Café*! To know more about the Industry 4.0 WebCafés visit us here!
*Date to be confirmed soon.